Saturday, January 24, 2009

Did you know?

This movie was very moving. I never knew that the United States is so far behind the rest of the world. In this movie there was some thing that really caught my eye. When the slide said that one average person will have ten to fifteen job before the age of thirty-eight. To me that is a lot of jobs for one person to have. It also stated that one out of four people has been on their current job less than a year. This holds true to today's society seeing as thought we are in slump. Another slide stated that children by the age of four will have used a computer for so many hours really shocked me. You always hear the older generation say things like, my new grand baby know how to use the computer and she is just months old. I feel that the United States is not ready for what is in store for us. We need to get our children ready for the twenty-first century, like all the other countries is doing around the world.
I think that in stead of building all the new schools we need to put the money to good use by offering better classes to prepare the students for the wold they will have to live in. Everything is so high tech that the older generations don't even know how to use things. If we as parents and citizens dont make a stand then this is not going to be a very bright future for our children.

I loved this movie

No comments:

Post a Comment